The 2022 Give to Cure Cancer Year-End Appeal is now underway. It’s your last chance to make this year’s campaign the most successful ever.
We are proud to report…
The year 2022 turns out to be an unprecedented time of new challenges. Thanks to the stewardship of wonderful and loyal donors like you, we are able to continue to support the work of our scientists and even expand our programs during this difficult time when the world’s economy is slowly recovering from the pandemic.
With support from loyal donors like you, excellent progress has been made in these AFCR-funded projects in the fight against cancer. Together, these projects could significantly improve treatment and diagnosis of various cancer types.
- Building CAR-T Cell Therapies for Solid Tumors: AFCR is funding the next generation of cancer care, CAR T-Cell Therapies, which empower a patient’s immune T-Cells (disease-fighting cells). Only approved now for blood cancers, AFCR recognizes this benefit and supports the innovative platform for CAR T-cells for solid organs such as the breast and prostate. This new approach breaks through the barriers and eliminates toxicity for effective therapy in solid tumors.
- Innovative Immunotherapy for Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancers in Clinical Trial Now GI cancers, including colorectal, stomach, liver, esophageal, and pancreas, have high incidence and mortality. The effectiveness of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and adjuvant therapy for GI cancers are highly limited once the cancer has spread. To address this unmet need, AFCR has supported a novel multi-targeting immunotherapeutic platform that provides a safe and effective treatment for GI cancers. In 2022, this innovative immunotherapy was approved for Phase I clinical trial in Australia and Hong Kong and has started treating patients to help them receive optimized results. Patient enrollment will open soon in mainland China and the US next year.
- Novel Nano-Technology Platform for Oral Cancers AFCR funds an innovative program that has engineered a nano-technology platform that delivers treatments directly to the tumor site for oral cancers. This novel system ensures targeted and timely delivery of high doses of the drug at the site, sparing patients the harsh toxicities of anti-cancer agents on their bodies. The therapy is in Phase I/II clinical trials and is ready to advance to Phase III trials.
- Revolutionary Delivery System for Best Treatment Outcome Many cancer patients in dire need of treatment have additional complications that limit receiving the standard of care or new leading therapies because of toxic side effects or safety concerns. AFCR supports a novel delivery system platform that dramatically improves the tolerability and efficacy of many small drugs and immunotherapeutics in complex laboratory models of solid tumors and blood cancers. With this innovative approach, highly active treatments can be delivered to tumors that are more tolerable for patients and easily administered.
- Empowering Women Scientist-Entrepreneurs in Oncology AFCR’s Women in Cancer Research program provides funding, coaching, and networking opportunities to women-led oncology start-ups that focus on the unmet medical needs of cancer patients. Through this annual competition, AFCR empowers women leaders in oncology and furthers the development of their groundbreaking treatments.
Support from you fuels AFCR’s leading-edge cancer research. With your support, we are able to provide the most important dollars in the fight against cancer.
You can make a difference. Support our 2022 Give To Cure Cancer Year-End Appeal with a contribution and do it today. The gift you give matters most. Chances are that research discoveries being made by AFCR scientists will benefit you or someone you love in the near future. Thank you for your renewed support.