1. Reduce “screen time.” Limit the amount of time you watch TV to less than 2 hours per day.
2. Don’t skip breakfast. Breakfast kick starts your metabolism, burning calories from the get-go and giving you energy to do more during the day.
3. Include fruits and veggies in every meal. Fruits and veggies are about more than just vitamins and minerals. They’re also packed with fiber, which means they fill you up.
4. Walk your way to wellness. Walking is easier on the joints than many other types of exercise and rarely causes injury. Start with substituting walking in every day situations.
5. Keep healthy snacks around. It’s important to have healthy snacks at hand so you don’t reach for empty calories. Keep a glass of water and fruit bowl on your desk. Carry a small bag of cashews and walnuts with you—these will help restore your protein level and keep you feeling full longer.